Listening to Italian songs is a fun and relaxing way to learn Italian. Songs have been scientifically proven to be useful in learning a language, not only because they express the history and the culture of a country, but also because they stir up emotions.
The emotional factor that songs arouse in students can be used as an effective tool to maintain high motivation and attention.
Learning Italian with songs. Why is it useful?
Learning Italian with songs is truly effective. Indeed, the educational use of songs in classroom allows teachers to work simultaneously on conscious and unconscious mental processes. It also allows them to integrate cognitive and emotional incentives.
The following are the benefits of the educational use of songs:
- It facilitates the activation of a pleasure-based motivation. This is the strongest and most effective motivation to learn a language.
- Songs provide authentic educational material. They contain not only useful vocabulary and structures, but also proverbs, colloquial expressions and regionalisms.
- Songs can be used by students who self-study.
- Songs can be used to to explore cultural content.
- It promotes cultural exchange.
- It makes memorizing phonemes, vocabulary and structures easier.
- It helps improve pronunciation.
- It can promote the development of positive social dynamics in class through the sharing of passions, interests and knowledge.
And now let’s learn Italian with Italian songs! Click here and find the song that suit your level and your learning goals.