Students from outside the European Union who wish to study in Italy must apply for a study visa at the Italian consulate in their country of residence.

Citizens of many countries do not need to apply for a study visa, but can stay in Italy for up to three months on a tourist visa. For longer stays, a study visa (or any other long-term visa) is required.

We are able to provide our students with all the information and support needed to obtain a study visa. Students who wish to apply for a study visa can use the enrolment forms of our school.

To apply for a study visa these documents are required:

  • a valid passport
  • a certificate of enrolment in a course that requires attendance of at least 20 hours per week
  • an international health insurance plan
  • a document certifying the availability of adequate means of subsistence for the entire duration of the stay in Italy
  • a document certifying the availability of accommodation
  • a flight booking

In some cases it is possible to apply for a renewable multi-annual visa to continue the course.

Students who hold a visa are required to fill in and send the residence permit kit available at post offices within 8 days of arrival in Italy.

Students cannot change the duration and type of the course once they obtain the visa.

Should the visa be refused, 92% of the course fee can be refunded upon presentation of the letter of refusal from the consulate.

Online courses are still provided